Thank You Lord For The Gum Trees
words and actions by Noelene Purdue, an Australian Guide Leader
Thank you Lord for the gum trees
The sun and fresh breeze
The grass outside and the garden wide
The food upon our plate
The water in our cups
And the friendship that we share
- arms streched out high for "trees"
- arms make circle above head for "sun"
- arms sway from side to side above head for "breeze"
- wiggle fingers in front of chest for "grass outside"
- spread arms wide in front for "garden wide"
- pretend to feed self for "food upon our plate"
- pretend to drink for "water in our cups"
- everyone to hold hands for "friendship that we share"